Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's a Summer Blockbuster Fisticuffs Showdown!



Okay, so its pretty obvious which two summer blockbuster movies are looking to have the most ridiculously insane visual effects. You guessed it, they are Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and J.J. Abrams reboot film Star Trek. After watching many trailers for both films I have come to the conclusion that it is the goal of these movies to out bombastify (yes i just made that word up) the other in terms of special effects. Even from watching the trailers, I don't know that I have ever seen films with such a rich density and unrelenting amount of special effects. It is my opinion, however, that Star Trek will reign king this year in the ultimate special effects showdown. In fact, I think Star Trek looks to be the most visually spectacular film ever. Now, I'm not saying its going to be the best film ever, just that it's going to really raise the bar in terms of blockbuster special effects. Well, that's my take on these blockbusters for 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment